Wednesday, 15 August 2007

The short l-o-n-g weekend......





On Thursday, 9 August, Lauren and I attended the Ballet at the Guild Theatre. Comment from the local newspaper: … The fairytale, Sleeping Beauty, presented by the Heather Cooper School of Ballet, features a cast of 125 dancers, some as young as four years old. The show runs at the Guild Theatre from tomorrow until Saturday.
We enjoyed the show. It was really beautiful. Lauren and plenty of other little ones danced on the stage in front of the closed curtain during interval. The photo above is of Kerri, who had a leading role and is the step-grand-child to my friend Dee. We accompanied Dee, her daughter-in-law, Vicky and daughter Madison to the performance.

2 comments:

Char said...

I just loooooove the ballet. The last time I saw the ballet was also in The Guild in good old East London. I'm glad you went and took Lauren to see Sleeping Beauty. Oh, how I wanted to be a ballerina as a child, but with sabbath etc it wasn't easy. Anyway, it's probably for the best. Imagine me in a tutu now!!! hahaha... hahahaha...

Thanks so much for your lovely long email to me the other day Charlene. We will be getting 3G soon (hopefully this weekend) and then I will be catching up on all my emails etc. good and proper.

Thinking of you.
Love me x

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. i was in that show! i was the white cat. it was reali awesome a mrs cooper puts in so much work for us!! thanx 4 comin to watch.. n thanx mrs C!! u da best!!! luv kiara