Monday, 20 October 2008

Music & musings at the bay.........



On Saturday, Lauren and I went to church and later to
Pathfinders. At Pathfinders, the little kids had to run
around collecting plants and objects from nature to glue
on a piece of paper. They really enjoyed themselves.

Saturday night we sang in a Variety Concert
at the church hall. We sang the song E.e.n.s.y W.e.en.sy
Spider and H.o.w muc.h is that do.gg.y in the win.dow!
Our props were two spiders and a fluffy dog. Lauren
sang along for the spid.er song and then just barked
for the do.g song. I was fairly nervous, but it was not
supposed to be a professional show, so we did our
short little numbers and tried to look cute!

Dean left early and took Lauren home for a bath and
early to bed. She was really tired and had a full day
& night. I stayed with my parents until the end.
They had a slide show - Blast from the past..... showing
many of the older folks photos of younger days. I was
asked to submit some of my mom. This is my mom
when she was small & when she first started working
and had little me.



On Sunday morning, I met a friend for coffee at a Coffee
shop - Cafe' do Brasil, in our neighbourhood. We
had a great chat and had a lovely breakfast.

(Dean and) Lauren went for her first Spring swim at
Uncle Bryan and Aunty Terri's house with cousin Caleb
and a friend. In the afternoon Lauren spent time
playing in the garden.


I had my mom's domestic worker at home cleaning for
the day and arrived home to a nice clean house. I did
many loads of washing and had a little snooze in the late
afternoon.
It was a pleasant weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Much Is That Doggy In The Window absolutely rocks! I can head bang to that all night!

Geoff and Caron said...

Wow, Charl,you do look so much like your mom! Like me ...! Photos of my mom when she is young shows how much I look like her too!
Have agreat week!
xxx
C