Monday, 18 February 2008

Walking, Running, Chilling......




The weather on the weekend was overcast most of the time with a bit of drizzle on and off. My brother ran the famous EL ‘Surfers marathon’ for the first time and enjoyed the run, coming in at 2 hrs 8 minutes. Me, Lauren, my mom and dad(who cannot see due to a stroke) took a walk from my house to Bonza Bay Beach to support my brother running past. Lauren was jumping up and down with excitement. It took us a while to get there, but it was such fun seeing all the runners and walkers going past to finish at Nahoon beach.

Sunday, Dean treated us to lunch at the Wimpy and then we went to visit Craig and Charne’ and family. Lauren had a wonderful time running and chasing with her cousins. The sun peeked through on Sunday afternoon and it was sssssoooooo HOT. Lauren enjoyed some time cooling off in her baby swimming pool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the type of weekend I just love. Oh, and I miss the beach! Especially the East London beaches!

Your mom and dad (and Lance) look EXACTLY how I remember them. Lance has that timeless look about him - and he's still as fit as he was back in High School! How does he do that?

Anyway, I'm thinking of you. Wish we could visit again...